We have an exciting opening for a Primary Class Teacher position in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for the next SY 2023-2024 that offers an exceptional chance to become part of a skilled and committed team. The school’s primary goal is to deliver a comprehensive British education and exceptional pastoral support to each and every child both boys and girls aged 3 to 11.
As a Class Teacher, you will be entrusted with the crucial task of delivering a significant portion of the curriculum to your class. However, you will also work closely with your colleagues, fostering a collaborative approach to teaching and learning within the Year Group. This ensures that all children receive equal opportunities, while providing a strong support system for all teachers.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- deliver our broad and balanced curriculum;
- deliver well-planned, engaging and creative lessons, ensuring that the needs of all children are met;
- facilitate and encourage high quality learning which provides children with the opportunity to achieve their full potential;
- use technology to enhance teaching and support learning;
- differentiate appropriately, using approaches that enable every student to access all areas of the curriculum and make excellent progress;
- demonstrate excellent subject knowledge relevant to the age group;
- set students challenging developmental goals and draw upon varied strategies, resources and technologies in order to support students in achieving these goals;
- make effective use of Teaching Assistants to support children in class;
- follow the school’s procedures for assessing, recording and reporting on children's achievements and to use this information effectively to influence future learning and convey progress in report writing;
- provide students with regular written and oral feedback and encourage them to reflect and respond to their feedback;
- participate fully in co-curricular and activity programmes.
- follow and implement School Policies and procedures in and out of the classroom;
- provide a safe, purposeful and well-managed learning environment;
- value the home-school-community partnership, working closely with other members of staff to establish and manage good relationships with parents and key stakeholders.
- attend assemblies, departmental meetings, parents' evenings, school functions and other staff meetings;
- recognise the importance of being an exemplary role model to all children within the School;
- maintain high standards of professional behaviour in accordance with the school ethos, including timekeeping and personal presentation;
- take personal responsibility for evaluating and reflecting upon your teaching in order to continually develop and improve your practice;
- always maintain professional and productive relationships with colleagues;
- always promote the school in a positive manner;
- fulfil any reasonable additional responsibilities as requested by the Head.
- comply with all safeguarding policies and procedures, ensuring that any safeguarding concerns are reported in line with the School policy;
- demonstrate a personal commitment to safeguarding and children's well-being.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- a relevant Bachelor's Degree;
- a UK Postgraduate Certificate of Education or Qualified Teacher Status;
- a minimum of two years relevant teaching experience;
- excellent working knowledge of the UK National Curriculum;
- an understanding of the demands of a UK independent school environment, with its commitment to extra-curricular involvement;
- experience working with children who have English as an Additional Language;
- a secure knowledge of using technology to support Education.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive and tax-free salary;
- Residence visa;
- Health insurance;
For interested candidates, please register and upload your updated CV. Due to a high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.