Gulf Education is seeking dedicated and experienced Homeroom Teachers to join a reputable school in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
As a Homeroom Teacher, you will be responsible for the overall academic, social, and emotional development of your assigned students to deliver high quality and effective lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Candidates from the UK, Ireland, Canada and USA will be prioritized.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- To be an active participant in a dynamic, innovative planning team that meets the requirements of the curriculum.
- Effectively use data to inform planning and differentiated groupings.
- To communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- To uphold a professional, culturally appropriate demeanor at all times.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community and values of the UAE.
- Working alongside parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for
- all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development and individual needs.
Teaching and learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organizing the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Data informed planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists, if required.
Assessment and data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment, recording and tracking of student’s progress.
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision and
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher
- Conferences and other meetings.
Behavior management and duties:
- Follow the school’s behavior policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in
- order to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively, when necessary, within the school’s behavioral policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behavior, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider professional responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organizing and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regards to student’s achievements and well-being using school systems/processes.
- Actively monitor and track attendance and follow up with parents as outlined in the attendance policy.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification
- Minimum 1- 2 years Teaching experience
Job Specific Knowledge &Skills:
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
If you are passionate about teaching and committed to the success of your students, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.