A new ad technical school in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain is seeking a Tourism and Hospitality Instructor for AY 2023-2024. The organization is focused on developing well-qualified and professionally skilled 16–18-year-old youths by providing the educational training and skills necessary for a successful career in today’s world.
Duties include providing globally renowned and modern instruction, maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment, and securing positive business and industry relationships. Successful candidates shall join a learning organization that values collaboration and teamwork, encourages ethical behavior, facilitates life-long learning, and utilizes new technologies.
- Responsible for planning, managing, and improving the learning of students, working with other team members.
- In collaboration with the team to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching learning, and assessment strategies.
- To manage the learning of the students and collaborate with other teachers.
- To manage all facilities and activities related to achieving student learning.
- To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
- To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
- Master Craftsman Diploma or University degree in a relevant field, or equivalent
- Analytically thinking and acting and ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritize key topics
- Dedicated, reliable team player with good intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues
- Fluent business English skills.
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
- IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only – mandatory.
- Arabic Language is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in a relevant area of tourism and/or hospitality.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant teaching/training with experience of qualifications delivery.
- Ability to teach the following:
- Planning, conducting, and evaluating events
- Performing in an event on stage
- Executing the different roles in a hotel including:
- Reception and booking duties
- Hotel management
- Complaint management
- Exploring innovative tourism concepts
- Creating experiences for tourists based on needs analysis
- Executing relevant tasks in a travel agency
- Intercultural awareness
- IT skills
- Up-to-date knowledge about legal requirements related to travel and tourism, including potential pandemic related travel restrictions
- Work experience in GCC region or similar location.
- Competitive tax-free basic salary.
- Housing allowance.
- Annual airfare.
- Visa and medical insurance.
- End of service bonus.
If you meet the above criteria, please upload your CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will get in touch with you.