We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic School Librarian to join our client’s academic team in the United Arab Emirates. The librarian will be responsible for managing the school library and providing assistance to students and teachers in accessing relevant materials. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a passion for learning and education, and experience in library management.
- Manage the school library, including the acquisition, organization, and maintenance of materials.
- Assist students and teachers in locating and using resources that meet their educational needs.
- Develop and implement library policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation.
- Promote reading and information literacy among students through outreach programs, book clubs, and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop and implement curricular-based instruction that integrates library resources.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay abreast of current library and educational trends.
- Supervise and train library staff, including volunteers and student assistants.
- Monitor library budget and expenditures.
- Maintain an organized and inviting physical library space.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Academic Administration (Masters (M.A), Education Specialist (Ed.S), or Doctorate (Ed.D, Ph.D., J.D.)) from a recognized accredited or national university
- Master's degree in Library Science or related field.
- Native Arabic speaking (bilingual preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in library management, preferably in a school setting.
- Proficient in library technologies, including cataloging and database management.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of children's and young adult literature and ability to make recommendations based on student interests and reading level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teachers and other school personnel.
- Passion for education and a commitment to promoting literacy and learning.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Residence visa
- Medical Insurance
If you are an experienced school librarian who is committed to excellence in education and eager to make a difference in the lives of students, we want to hear from you! Please upload your updated CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will get back to you if you are selected.