A new technical school in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain is seeking a Fashion Design Instructor for AY 2023-2024. The organization is focused on developing well-qualified and professionally skilled 16–18-year-old youths by providing the educational training and skills necessary for a successful career in today’s world.
Duties include providing globally renowned and modern instruction, maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment, and securing positive business and industry relationships. Successful candidates shall join a learning organization that values collaboration and teamwork, encourages ethical behavior, facilitates life-long learning, and utilizes new technologies.
- Responsible for planning, managing, and improving the learning of students, working with other team members.
- In collaboration with the team to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning, and assessment strategies.
- To manage the learning of the students and collaborate with other teachers.
- To manage all facilities and activities related to achieving student learning.
- To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
- To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in the relevant area OR Skilled worker (craft or industry) in the relevant area.
- Fluent business English skills.
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
- IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only – mandatory.
- Arabic Language is an advantage.
- experience (university and industry or craft) in a relevant area of fashion design and garment production.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in a relevant Fashion Design and Production area.
- Minimum two years of relevant vocational teaching/training with experience in qualification delivery.
- Analytical thinking, acting, and the ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritize key topics.
- Dedicated, reliable team player with good intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues.
- Proven experience as a fashion designer and garment producer.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant design principles for fashion design and industrial production techniques.
- Working knowledge of customer relations, customized fashion design, and customized manufacturing.
- Ability to teach some of the following:
- Fabric science,
- Cultural and modern fashion styles with a focus on Arabic and international fashion styles,
- Industrial production principles, work preparation, quality control, team settings,
- Measuring and Quality,
- CAD and CAM operation,
- Occupational health and safety.
- Cultural awareness in general plus the fashion area
- IT skills (CAD/CAM)
- Work experience in GCC region or similar location.
- Competitive tax-free basic salary.
- Housing allowance.
- Annual airfare.
- Visa and medical insurance.
- End of service bonus.
If you meet the above criteria, please upload your CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will get in touch with you.