A new technical school in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain is seeking an Automotive Engineering Instructor specializing in Mobility Technology for AY 2023-2024. The organization is focused on developing well-qualified and professionally skilled 16–18-year-old youths by providing the educational training and skills necessary for a successful career in today’s world.
Duties include providing globally renowned and modern instruction, maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment, and securing positive business and industry relationships. Successful candidates shall join a learning organization that values collaboration and teamwork, encourages ethical behavior, facilitates life-long learning, and utilizes new technologies.
- Responsible for planning, managing, and improving the learning of students, working with other team members.
- In collaboration with the team to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching-learning, and assessment strategies.
- To manage the learning of the students and collaborate with other teachers.
- To manage all facilities and activities related to achieving student learning.
- To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
- To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
- Master Craftsman Diploma or University degree in a relevant field, or equivalent.
- Analytically thinking and acting and ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritize key topics
- Dedicated, reliable team player with good intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues
- Fluent business English skills.
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
- IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only – mandatory.
- Arabic Language is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in a relevant area of Mobility Technology
- Minimum 2 years of experience in teaching/training in relevant field
- Analytical thinking and acting and ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritize key topics
- Dedicated, reliable team player with good intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issue
- Proven experience as an auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles and of EV drivetrains.
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to teach some of the following sub-fields:
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately for traditional and electrical vehicles
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conducting routine maintenance work aiming at vehicle functionality and longevity
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g., leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Intercultural awareness, communication skills
- IT skills, office management tools, CAD
- Up-to-date knowledge about legal requirements and health & safety regulations
- Skills in development teaching and learning material
- Supervision of student teams, planning and monitoring of student activities
- Work experience in GCC region or similar location.
- Competitive tax-free basic salary.
- Housing allowance.
- Annual airfare.
- Visa and medical insurance.
- End of service bonus.
If you meet the above criteria, please upload your CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will get in touch with you.