Gulf Education is seeking an experienced and dynamic Assistant School Principal to join a renowned school in the UAE.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the School Principal and the administrative team to promote excellence in academic and co-curricular programs, oversee daily operations, and ensure a safe and welcoming learning environment for students, staff, and families.
Candidates from the UK, Ireland, Canada and USA will be prioritized.
- Direct and quality assure the activities of staff and students and ensure a safe, orderly, and smooth functioning environment conducive to learning.
- Collaborate with Principal and Vice Principal to supervise and evaluate teachers, supervisors and curriculum support staff as assigned.
- Provide leadership in screening and interviewing applicants including non-teaching positions, and/or recommending of applicants to be interviewed.
- Implement student achievement improvement efforts as mapped out in the school development plan and ADEK regulations and as directed by Aldar Education. This will include but not be limited to school improvement plans, standardized testing, intervention, collection and reporting of data as required, and the development of special schedules and testing procedures as necessary.
- Collaborate with the SLT team regarding new or changing instructional methods, materials, strategies, and programs.
- Support the planning process within a team to ensure highly effective instructional strategies are embedded within a phase of the school. Support the development of high- quality curriculum resources.
- Assist, determine, develop and implement plans for staff CPD development for the building that facilitates professional growth and enhance the quality and efficiency of teaching.
- Assist in the completion and submission of all required reports, forms, and data requests on time to the designated sources.
- Work/meet with other administrators and staff to foster and participate in team collaboration and effectiveness.
- Leadership of a directed phase within the school for all matters related to curriculum and instruction as directed by the VP for Curriculum and Instruction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
- Elementary - Bachelor's degree in education or alternate BA/B.Sc degree with PGCE, or equivalent Teaching Qualification is essential.
- 6-years’ experience of which 4 consecutive years teaching performance exceeds standards
- and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal.
- Previous Leadership experience is essential with a minimum of 2 years in a middle leadership role
- Experience of working in a US Curriculum school within the UAE is desirable.
If you meet the above qualifications and are passionate about education and making a positive impact on the lives of students, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join.