Gulf Education is seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of PE who will oversee and lead the Physical Education department, with a focus on promoting health, wellness, and fitness for our students to join a known school in Abu Dhabi.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for sports and fitness, along with experience in leading a team of PE teachers.
Candidates from the UK, Ireland, Canada and USA will be prioritized.
- To assist the Senior Leadership Team in shaping a vision and direction for PE, setting out very high expectations with a clear focus on pupil achievement, standards and quality of teaching.
- To inspire, motivate, empower and influence staff and students within the school, taking a leading role in maintaining the highest standards of learning, teaching and behavior management.
- To provide an excellent role model for all members of staff and for students in all aspects of school life.
- To have a dynamic solution-based approach to leadership.
- To play a role in implementing, reviewing and measuring impact of the whole School Evaluation and School Improvement Plan (SIP) and effectively ensure a SIP is in place for the department.
- To coordinate the delivery of a ECA programme within the school and review and evaluate the impact of this.
- To monitor and promote excellent attendance and punctuality of all students.
- To work with the inclusion team to identify and monitor students with SEN and those who are
- Gifted and Talented to ensure they receive the appropriate support.
- To have responsibility for the effective line management of the PE teachers, ensuring they understand their roles and responsibilities and fulfil these to a high standard.
- To work collaboratively with other leaders, ensuring an understanding of whole school issues.
- To teach a full timetable of PE across the school (please note for male applicants teaching will only be from Grade 2- Grade 5 as per the local requirements in this setting)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
- Elementary - Bachelor's degree in education or alternate BA/B.Sc degree with PGCE, or equivalent Teaching Qualification is essential.
- 6-years’ experience of which 4 consecutive years teaching performance exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal.
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Experience of working in a US Curriculum school within the UAE is desirable.
If you meet the qualifications and have a passion for physical education, we encourage you to apply for this position.