A prestigious international school in Abu Dhabi is seeking a talented and experienced Geography Teacher to join in SY 2023-2024. The ideal candidate will be responsible for teaching and inspiring students on a range of geographical topics, from physical geography to human geography.
He or she will be responsible for maximizing the academic progress of the students, providing high teaching standards, closely working with colleagues and participating in development of the department or wellbeing of all school. Subject teachers promote a positive, purposeful and professional working atmosphere that encourages cooperation and challenge, whilst valuing the contribution that individuals make to the success of the Department.
- Possess in depth knowledge of the subject and should take account of wider curriculum developments that are relevant to their work;
- Effectively and consistently plan lessons and lesson sequences to meet the unique learning requirements of all students, including those with special educational needs and gifted or talented students. The strategies outlined in IEPs (Individual Education Plans) and IBPs (Individual Behavior Plans) should be understood by them and properly taken into consideration;
- Ensure that students are present for every class and follow up on absences as needed; Consistently and effectively use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and classroom management;
- Use prior learning data consistently and effectively to establish realistic expectations for students, track their progress, and provide them with constructive criticism;
- Be able to make use of the performance data available in the school in order to determine how much progress students are making;
- Always improve teaching methods and innovate to achieve students’ progress;
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons.
- Use and develop the application of I.C.T. in your curriculum area
- Motivate and encourage all students to perform to their highest potential;
- Provide or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
- Set and maintain high expectations for student behavior;
- Attend and undertake key role at the parents’ meetings and open evenings;
- Communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate;
- Support the development of the school overall and contribute to the school improvement plan;
- Assess the students’ attainment, record and maintain accurate students’ evaluation and progresses ‘records;
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Prepare and update subject materials;
- Use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus;
- Ensure that the assignments given to the students are appropriate for their abilities and areas of interest;
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate;
- Assist Line Manager, Curriculum Coordinator, to ensure that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching which complements the school’s strategic objectives;
- Engage actively in the Appraisal Review process; Accept outlined areas of improvement;
- Work as a member of a designated team and contribute positively to effective working relations within the school;
- Contribute to the process of the ordering and allocation of equipment, materials and resources.
- Cooperate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the School, Faculty and the students.
- Alert the appropriate staff about the problems experienced by students and make recommendations as to how these may be resolved. Seek an advice from the staff from the appropriate staff member for an assistance.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree in the subject or a related subject (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised and accredited educational institution) and additional qualification (such as Diploma, teaching qualification), and all certificates and qualifications must be duly notarised and attested).
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience.
- Previous ADEK approval is a plus.
- Native English Speakers are preferred. Being bilingual in Arabic/English or any other language as per the school’s needs is preferred.
- To pass the personal interview; receive positive feedback on Demo class (if applicable).
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Visa and medical insurance
If you meet the above criteria, please upload your CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will get in touch with you. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.