A prestigious international school in Abu Dhabi is seeking a talented and experienced Art Teacher to join on SY 2023-2024. The ideal candidate should be passionate about teaching art and able to inspire students to express themselves creatively through various mediums.
She will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop artistic understandings and appreciation; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Create an entertaining, safe and communicative atmosphere in supervising teaching, learning and safe procedures.
- Encourage consciousness, understanding, organisation, responsibility, self-reliance, co-operation, teamwork, honesty, understanding and tolerance in art classroom.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate lessons, maintaining up to date records and forward plans, and delivering the records and plans for inspections to the Head of Department or Principal where is required or requested.
- Monitor the attendance of students at lessons and ensure that they are doing, to the best of their ability, class work, homework and coursework, and that it is up to date and marked.
- Review student progress and, addresses the issues, seeks extra help for those who are not performing up to the standard or have special needs. The teacher communicates the students’ cases with the behavioural and educational issues to the Head of Department or Principal, seek an additional advice/ approach from the school’s psychologist.
- Manage the classroom and the students’ behaviour.
- Monitor compliance with School rules and regulations.
- Organise resources in advance, issue textbooks and other resources, keeping records and collecting back at the appropriate time.
- Maintain and improve personal standards of teaching, sharing ideas with other staff, and remain abreast of developments in their own subject and education generally.
- Write, supervise and mark tests and exams as appropriate.
- Attend assemblies, meetings, Parent Evenings, presentations and events when and where is required.
- Attend and support School activities as reasonably requested by the Principal.
- Complete required by the school reports.
- Liaise and maintain close communication with other members of staff and, in conjunction with them, organise trips as necessary.
- Contribute to the design, evaluation and development of Art department, events and exhibitions of the students’ artwork across the school.
- Cover absent colleagues when necessary.
- Undertake other tasks and duties as reasonably requested by the Principal.
- Take a daily register of student attendance.
- Collate reports and write a class teacher report for each student at the appropriate time.
- Organise the learning environment and learning resources to create a positive learning environment.
- Plan, prepare and present lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class.
- Meet requirements for the assessment and record of students’ development.
- Provide feedback to parents on a student’s progress at parents’ meetings.
- Work with others to plan and co-ordinate work.
- Developing students' drawing, colouring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolour paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed.
- Decorating school for events and assisting other employees with the decorations of the event at the school where required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Education or other relevant fields with a teaching qualification. Previous ADEK approval is a plus.
- Native English Speakers are preferred.
- 3 years’ experience, including 3 consecutive years teaching performance exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by Performance Appraisal’.
- To pass the personal interview; receive positive feedback on Demo class (if applicable).
- Preferably has sculpting/ woodcarving knowledge.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Visa and medical insurance
If you meet the above criteria, please upload your CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will get in touch with you. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.